Monthly Archives: January 2014
Cult Avenue Quiz for Our Head Buyer: Mr. Mak Sin Wee Instagram: @knswee
You will know it’s me from afar when you see dark hair, black tee, jeans and dark colored shoes.
The designs I handpicked are inspired by functionality, era of design and quality.
The most dominant colour in my closet: checkered, red, blue. Eventhough I was told to wear purple, yellow and pink more often by a family friend.
If I were to raid a closet, it would be Nicola Formichetti’s.
I feel naked without my wallet.
I can’t resist buying shoes and writing instruments.
I always shop in MUJI, Givenchy and CultAvenue of course!
The craziest thing I do for fashion: wearing UGG boots in Singapore Humid Weather. (it was comfy and I felt it wasn’t utilized enough)
Girls/guys, do NOT wear too much bracelets on one hand.
1. What’s a typical day in the office like for you?
I don’t really frequent the office, Usually cuppa coffee to start, read the online news, check company account balances and start a to-do-list & email and make sure I finish the list before the day ends.
2. Whats the one trend you love/hate?
Love: Gold tones are in.
Hate: Chrome Hearts on Hermes.
3. Who is your fashion role model?
Marcelo Burlon is my fashion role model.
4. What’s that one brand you’d wear exclusively?
5. What are your go-to fashion pieces?
Tod’s footwear, Eddie Borgo Jewelry, GoPro!
6. Tell us about your shopping habits.
I browse them online and wait for sales period especially on Mr.Porter
7. What’s your style philosophy?
Never stop traveling.
8. What are your latest clothing obsessions?
Christian Dada and Nicopanda.
9. Any style tip for the CultAvenue blog readers?
Comfort is utmost importance and pair it with a statement pieces like a unique ring or bracelet to grab everyone’s attention.
10. What is your vision for CultAvenue?
To be the number one cult brands online retailer in South East Asia.